Soft, Chewy Oatmeal-Raisin Cookies
Make the batter the day before you bake the cookies.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking
- Cream sugar and shortening together by hand.
- Meanwhile cook raisins in the water until there are 5 tablespoons of water remaining.
- Mix flour, baking soda, oats and raisins together.
- Add eggs and the 5 tablespoons
of water from the cooked raisins; mix well.
- Cover and put batter in refrigerator
- The next day, drop teaspoons of the batter onto a greased cookie sheet.
for approximately 13 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Grease the pan before dropping each batch
of cookies onto the sheet.
- Cool completely before storing.
Makes approximately 60 cookies.