Soft Cream Drop Sugar Cookies
Got to admit, it's been a LONG while since I have baked these cookies, but
gotta let you know I put 4 stars beside it in the book when previously making them!
Gonna HAVE to get busy and make these before Christmas for sure!
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sour milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream shortening and sugar; add eggs.
- Stir together all dry ingredients and add
alternately with milk soured with 1 tablespoon vinegar.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Drop by tablespoon 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 350 to 375 degrees
F for 10 minutes.
Posted by Rudy2 at Recipe Goldmine 11/27/2001 7:44 pm.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Dropped Cookie Recipes