Stick To Your Teeth Chocolate Cookies
- 2 (1-ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed
- 1 cup Graham cracker crumbs, finely ground
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 shelled walnut halves
halves, to garnish
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate in a medium size bowl.
- Add the milk
and stir until the mixture thickens, approximately 5 minutes.
- Remove the bowl from
heat and add the crumbs, salt, nuts and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
Work quickly as the mixture will become stiff.
- Using a spoon, drop the mixture into
rounded teaspoons onto a prepared greased cookie sheet.
- Place 1/2 a walnut on top
of each cookie.
- Place cookies in oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from
oven and quickly transfer onto wax paper to cool.
Yields 24 cookies
Recipe used with permission from Paula Deen.