Super Duper Oatmeal Cookies
I collect recipes from newspapers, etc. Years ago we would get a small flyer
with our power bill that also included a recipe. This is one of those recipes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 7 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- Sift or stir together flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In large mixing
bowl, cream shortening and peanut butter until fluffy; add sugar gradually.
eggs, milk and vanilla extract. Beat well; add flour mixture.
- Stir in raisins, chocolate
chips, walnuts and oatmeal. Mix thoroughly.
- Drop by tablespoon onto foil or parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Cookies will
spread to about 3 1/2 inches.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 10 to 15 minutes. Do not over-bake; they will look soft.
- Leave on cookie sheet for at least 2 minutes after
removing from oven.
- Wipe crumbs off before putting more cookies on sheet.
Yield: 10-12 dozen.
Posted by Pats Cookin at recipegoldmine.com.
Source: Puget Sound Power and Light Co. Gazette Oct. 1983