White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) white baking bar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 (3 ounce) white baking bar, cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Chop half of the white baking bar; set aside. Cut up the remaining half of the
white baking bar; heat and stir in a heavy small saucepan over low heat till smooth.
- Beat butter in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium to high speed
for 30 seconds.
- Add sugar, baking soda and salt; beat till combined.
- Beat in eggs
and melted baking bar till combined.
- Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer.
- Stir in any remaining flour with a wooden spoon.
- Stir in chopped white baking bar.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a 375
degree F oven for 7 to 9 minutes or till cookies are lightly browned around edges.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 1 minute.
- Remove and cool on wire racks.
- Store in an airtight
container or plastic bag at room temperature up to 3 days.
- Just before serving, melt jam in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Spoon about
1/2 teaspoon of jam onto the top of each cookie.
- Melt the 3 ounces white baking
bar and shortening in a heavy small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
Drizzle over cookies.
- If necessary, refrigerate cookies about 15 minutes to firm
white baking bar mixture.
Posted by Pat's Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 10/8/2001 4:04 pm.