Almond Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
- 1 box Duncan Hines Golden Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 cup sliced natural almonds, broken
red raspberry jam
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine cookie mix, buttery flavor packet from mix, egg, water and almond extract
in large bowl. Stir until thoroughly blended. Drop half of dough by level measuring
teaspoonsful 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets (dough will spread while
- Place almonds on wax paper. Drop other half of dough by level measuring teaspoonsful
onto nuts. Place almond side up 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake both plain and almond cookies at 375 degrees F for 6 minutes until set but
- Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheets. Remove to cooling racks. Cool completely.
- Spread bottoms of plain cookies with jam; top with almond cookies, almond side
up. Press together to make sandwiches.
- Store in airtight container.
Makes 4 1/2 to 5 dozen cookies.