- 1 pound butter
- 1 medium container cottage cheese
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix butter and cottage cheese; add flour. Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make desired filling.
- Roll out dough on a floured board to about 1/8 inch thickness. Cut with pastry
cutter into about 1 1/2-inch squares. Put filling in center of each and bring one
side towards the middle. Then bring other side slightly over the top of that one.
Pinch together to hold. Brush top of each with beaten egg yolk.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes until golden brown.
Boil fresh apricots down to make a paste. If fresh apricots are
not available, use apricot preserves, apricot filling or prune filling (lekvar).
Make a nut filling with ground nuts, mixed with sugar to taste and a little orange
Use dry cottage cheese with a little egg and sugar.
Use any of the filling sparingly.