Apricot-Filled Ladyfinger Sandwiches
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon finely
shredded lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup sifted cake flour
- Apricot preserves
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat egg whites and a dash of salt with an electric mixer
until soft peaks form. Gradually add 1/4 cup of the sugar, beating until stiff peaks
- In a small bowl beat egg yolks on medium speed for 1 minute. Gradually add remaining
sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored. Beat in lemon peel, lemon juice and
vanilla extract. Fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Fold in cake flour.
- Spoon batter into a decorating bag fitted with a large round tip (about 1/2 inch
in diameter). Pipe 3 1/2 x 3/4-inch strips of batter 1 inch apart on the prepared
cookie sheet. (Or, spoon batter into ungreased ladyfinger molds until batter is
even with top of pan.)
- Bake in a 350 degreesF oven for 8 to 10 minutes or until
- Transfer cookies on parchment or in molds to a wire rack. Cool cookies for 15
minutes. Remove ladyfingers from parchment or molds, then completely cool on the
- Just before serving, spread about 2 teaspoons apricot preserves on flat side
of half of the ladyfingers. Top with remaining ladyfingers, forming sandwiches.
If desired, store unfilled ladyfingers in the freezer until the day of serving.
Makes about 18.
Source: Country Home magazine - October 1992
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Filled and Sandwich Cookie Recipes