Betty Crocker's Cream Wafers
These Cream Wafers are beautiful, one-bite wonders. And, yes, the recipe is correct: There
is no sugar in the actual wafer, though they are dipped in sugar before baking.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring (red and green)
- Wafers: Mix flour, butter and whipping cream. Cover and refrigerate
1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time 1/8 inch thick.
Cut dough into 1 1/2-inch rounds with an appropriate cutter or a shot glass.
- Cover a large piece of wax paper with a generous layer of sugar. Using a spatula,
transfer cookie rounds to sugar. Turn each round to coat both sides. Place on ungreased
cookie sheet and prick each round with a fork 3 or 4 times.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet.
- Filling: Mix powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract, beating
until smooth. Thin with a little milk or water (a few drops) if necessary. Divide
between 2 bowls and color each with a few drops of food coloring to make pink and
light-green filling. Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling on a cookie, then press another
cookie against the filling to make sandwiches.
Yield: about 5 dozen
Source: Betty Crocker's Ultimate Cookie Book
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.