Betty Crocker's Cream Wafers
These are beautiful, one-bite wonders. And, yes, the recipe is correct: There
is no sugar in the actual wafer, though they are dipped in sugar before baking.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring (red and green)
- Wafers: Mix flour, butter and whipping cream. Cover and refrigerate
1 hour or until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out 1/3 of the dough at a time 1/8 inch thick.
Cut dough into 1 1/2-inch rounds with an appropriate cutter or a shot glass.
- Cover a large piece of wax paper with a generous layer of sugar. Using a spatula,
transfer cookie rounds to sugar. Turn each round to coat both sides. Place on ungreased
cookie sheet and prick each round with a fork 3 or 4 times.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set but not brown. Remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
- Filling: Mix powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract, beating
until smooth. Thin with a little milk or water (a few drops) if necessary. Divide
between 2 bowls and color each with a few drops of food coloring to make pink and
light-green filling. Spread 1/2 teaspoon filling on a cookie, then press another
cookie against the filling to make sandwiches.
Yield: about 5 dozen
Source: Betty Crocker's Ultimate Cookie Book
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Filled and Sandwich Cookie Recipes