Caramel Apple Pie Cookies
There's only thing more American than apple pie: apple pie cookies! What could
be more American than combining two beloved traditions into one luscious bite?
- 1 package Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 1 jar caramel sauce
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ flour for sprinkling
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle a little flour on a clean work surface. Roll out the dough just a teensy-weensy
bit to slightly increase the surface area. (You don't want it too thin).
- Spread a thin film of caramel sauce over the crust.
- Chop up the apple pie pieces so they're smaller. Spread some of the apple pie
mixture over the caramel sauce. Don't use quite the whole can.
- Sprinkle a little flour on your clean work surface and again, you know the routine
;just roll the dough out very slightly. Use either a pastry cutter or a knife to
cut a bunch of strips about 1/2 inch wide.
- Using the strips, make a lattice over the top of the pie.
- Get out a round cookie cutter and cut out the caramel apple pie cookies. Using
a 3-inch cookie cutter, you should end up with a dozen. Use a thin spatula to carefully
transfer the cookies over to a non-stick baking sheet.
- Brush a little of the egg across the strips on the cookies. Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- And don't forget to bake up all those luscious leftover scraps, too!
15 min prep time | 35 min total time | 12 servings
By: Kimberly Killebrew
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Pillsbury.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.