Caramel Cream Sandwich Cookies
with Browned Butter Frosting
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners'
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract heavy cream
- Cream 1 cup butter or margarine. Gradually add brown sugar, creaming well. Add
egg yolk and blend. Add flour, stirring until the mixture forms a dough. Chill slightly
for easier handling.
- Roll dough into small balls, about the size of a marble. Place
on an ungreased baking sheet and flatten to 1/8 inch thickness with the palm of
the hand or the bottom of a glass that has been floured. Press with fork in one
direction to make a design if you wish.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 9 to 12 minutes until cookies just begin to brown very
- Remove from sheet while warm. Cool completely.
- Place flat sides of two
cookies together with frosting, sandwich-style.
- To make Browned Butter Frosting: Brown 2 tablespoons butter slightly in saucepan.
Remove from heat and blend in 1 1/4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar. Gradually
add 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and 4 to 5 teaspoons cream until it becomes a spreading
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.