Caramel Dream Tassies
Filling and Frosting
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels (unwrapped)
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ground nuts
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Filling and Frosting: Melt caramels with 1/2 cup evaporated milk in microwave
or double boiler. Spoon into baked tassie shells, filling about 2/3 full.
- In a small bowl, blend butter and shortening, mixing well. Set aside for 20 minutes.
- In another bowl, blend sugar, remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk and vanilla extract.
Set aside for 20 minutes.
- Combine the two bowls into a large bowl. Using a mixer, whip on high until creamy.
Spoon this frosting on top of caramel layer, then sprinkle with ground nuts.
- Dough: Mix well. Shape into 48 small balls. Place in tassie pans (miniature cupcake/muffin
pans). Press up sides gently. Bake at 350 degrees F until done. Cool and fill.
Makes 4 dozen.
Please SHOP HERE to support this site. We are an Amazon affiliate as a means of paying for the high cost of maintaining Recipe Goldmine. Thank you.