Chocolate Raspberry Linzer Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup raspberry jam
- Confectioners' sugar
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine sugar and butter; beat until creamy.
- Beat in eggs and almond extract.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and chill until firm.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- On lightly floured board roll half of dough to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Melt chocolate chips over hot water, stir until smooth.
- Spread 1 teaspoon chocolate on flat side of cookie, top with 1 teaspoon of raspberry jam.
- Put cookies together to form a sandwich, and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Yield: 3 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.