You will need the old-fashioned one-piece wooden clothespins to make this recipe.
- 1 pound shortening, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons Marshmallow Creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cookies: Beat together egg yolks and water. Cut 1/4 cup shortening into flour and sugar
and add the egg yolks and water and mix as for pastry.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Roll dough out and spread with 1/4 of the shortening. Do this three times.
- When it is time to roll out and bake, work with 1/4 of the dough at a time. Cut
into about 8-inch strips and wind loosely around clothes pins.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes and then at 375 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Let cool only about 2 minutes
and work gently off pin as cookies are crisp and easy to break.
- Filling: Cook until thick the milk and flour. Let cool.
- Cream together butter,
confectioners' sugar, Marshmallow Creme and vanilla extract.
- Add milk mixture to creamed mixture. This recipe will fill over 100 cookies. The filling can be tinted
any color you desire. Use a pastry tube to fill cookies.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Filled and Sandwich Cookie Recipes