Cream Wafers with Creamy Filling
These are yummy!
- 1 cup softened sweet butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups flour
- Sugar for coating both sides of cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops food coloring, optional
- Cream Wafers: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together the butter, cream and flour until well blended. Cover and chill.
- Roll 1/3 of the dough on a lightly floured surface 1/8-inch thick and cut into
1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Transfer rounds with a spatula to heavily coated wax paper with sugar. Turn each
round so that both sides are covered with sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Prick with fork.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set but not browned, remove from oven and cool.
Sandwich cookies with creamy filling.
- Creamy Filling: Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy. Add a few
drops of food coloring, if using, until well blended. If needed add a few drops
of water to make a spreading consistency if necessary.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.