Cream Wafers with Creamy Filling
These are yummy!
- 1 cup softened sweet butter
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups flour
- Sugar for coating both sides of cookies
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Few drops food coloring, optional
- Cream Wafers: Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat together the butter, cream and flour until well blended. Cover and chill.
- Roll 1/3 of the dough on a lightly floured surface 1/8-inch thick and cut into
1 1/2-inch rounds.
- Transfer rounds with a spatula to heavily coated wax paper with sugar. Turn each
round so that both sides are covered with sugar. Place on ungreased baking sheet.
Prick with fork.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or just until set but not browned, remove from oven and cool.
Sandwich cookies with creamy filling.
- Creamy Filling: Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy. Add a few
drops of food coloring, if using, until well blended. If needed add a few drops
of water to make a spreading consistency if necessary.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 26, 2001.