Filled Apricot Cookies
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix together the margarine, flour and cream cheese until well
blended. Cover and chill for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Roll the dough into walnut-size balls. Flatten each ball in the palms of your
hands to 1/4 inch thickness. Place a small amount of apricot preserves into the
center, then fold the circle in half, and pinch the edges to seal. If the edges
are not sealed, the preserves will leak out. Place filled cookies onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven.
- While cookies are still warm, toss them with confectioners' sugar to coat. Toss
them with sugar again when cool, just before serving.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.