Filled Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening (includes 1/4 cup butter)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons
cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
cup sweet milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cream shortening with sugar. Add egg and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients and add.
Roll out thin. Cut in 3- or 4-inch circles. Top with 1 tablespoon cherry or raspberry
filling and top with another circle of dough. Press edges together. Sprinkle with
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 13 to 15 minutes. Don't let cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.