Fudge-Filled Peanut Butter Cookies
Treat your family with these sandwich cookies made using peanut butter, chocolate
chips and paired using chocolate mixture - a tasty dessert. Chocolate and peanut
butter come together in this bite-size treat.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F (if using dark or nonstick cookie sheet, heat
oven to 350 degrees F).
- In large bowl, beat 1/2 cup peanut butter, the shortening, granulated sugar
and brown sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
- Beat in egg until smooth.
- Beat in flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Shape dough into 48 one-inch balls. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls
1 inch apart. Flatten balls to 1/4-inch thickness by pressing with a fork in
a crisscross pattern.
- Bake for 4 to 8 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High
about 1 minute or until softened; stir until smooth.
- Stir 1/4 cup peanut butter into chocolate until smooth. Cool to room temperature
or until thickened.
- Sandwich pairs of cookies, bottoms together, with 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture.
- Let stand about 1 hour or until chocolate is firm.
Prep time 50 Min | Total time 2 Hr 20 Min | Servings 24
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving (1 Cookie) Calories 190 (Calories from Fat
100), Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g), Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 90mg;
Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 13g), Protein 3g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0.00%; Vitamin C 0.00%; Calcium 2.00%; Iron
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker/General Mills
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Filled and Sandwich Cookie Recipes