Hershey's Devil's Food Filled Cookies
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups unsifted all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk or sour milk*
* To sour milk: use 1 tablespoon vinegar plus milk to equal 1 cup.
Marshmallow Creme Filling
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup Marshmallow Creme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Cream shortening and sugar in large mixer bowl until light and fluffy. Add egg
and vanilla extract; beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, cocoa, baking
soda and salt; add alternately with buttermilk or sour milk to creamed mixture.
Beat well. Drop by tablespoonsful onto a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched
lightly in center.
- Remove from cookie sheet; cool on wire rack.
- Press cookies together in pairs using 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons Marshmallow Creme
- Combine butter or margarine and shortening in small mixer bowl; blend well. Gradually
add Marshmallow Creme, blending well. Blend in vanilla extract and confectioners' sugar until smooth.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.