- 1 3/4 cups biscuit mix
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup rolled oats, quick
or regular, uncooked
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons thick preserves,
- Turn biscuit mix into mixing bowl. Cut in butter or margarine until mixture resembles
coarse crumbs. Stir in oats and sugar.
- Combine egg, milk and vanilla extract; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until
dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured board. Knead lightly
several times. Roll dough 1/2-inch thick and cut out 3-inch rounds with floured
cookie cutter. Place on greased baking sheet. Press a deep indentation in center
of each round with back of floured spoon or thumb. Fill each with 1 teaspoon of
- Bake at 400 degrees F until done and lightly browned, about 10 or 12
- More preserves may be added after baking. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.
Makes about 12.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.