Pecan Pie Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Dough: Cream butter and sugar on low speed with an electric mixer, add corn syrup
and egg yolks, beat well. Stir in flour. Chill several hours.
- Beat egg whites slightly. Roll 1 teaspoon of dough per cookie into balls. Brush
with egg whites and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Roll 1/2 teaspoon of filling into a ball and press firmly into the center of
each cookie. Return to oven to bake 5 more minutes.
- Filling: Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup. Stir to blend. Cook over medium
heat stirring occasionally until mixture reaches a full boil. Remove from heat and
stir in pecans. Cool slightly, but use while still warm and soft enough to be workable.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.