Pumpkin Pie-Stuffed Cookies
Sugar cookies stuffed with pumpkin pie filling - a delicious combination!
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin pie mix (not plain pumpkin)
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 roll (16.5 ounces) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In small bowl, mix pumpkin pie mix and cream cheese; set aside.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Stir or knead in flour until mixed well.
- Sprinkle work surface with additional flour. With rolling pin, roll dough 1/8
inch thick, adding flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- With floured 2 1/2-inch round cutter, cut 24 dough rounds, rerolling scraps as
- On large ungreased cookie sheet, place 12 dough rounds about 2 inches apart.
- Spoon about 1 heaping teaspoon pumpkin mixture on center of each round.
- Top each with another dough round, crimping outer edges with fork to seal.
- Sprinkle tops of cookies with cinnamon-sugar mixture, gently spreading around
with fingers if necessary.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes; remove to cooling rack until completely
25 min prep time | 55 min total time | 12 servings
Store cookies in refrigerator because of the cream cheese in the pumpkin filling.
Leftover cookie dough can be baked into sugar cookies.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 1 Cookie Calories 160 Calories from Fat 60
Total Fat 6g 10% Saturated Fat 2g 11% Trans Fat 0g 0% Cholesterol 10mg 3% Sodium
120mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 24g 8% Dietary Fiber 0g 0% Sugars 14g 14% Protein 2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges:1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Reprinted with permission from Pillsbury.