Raspberry Cream Wafers
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Raspberry Cream Filling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 teaspoon whole milk
- Colored sugar crystals
- In small bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs
and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly. Gradually mix in dry ingredients, beating
on low speed until soft dough forms. Chill in freezer 10-15 minutes or until firm
enough to roll.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Divide dough in half; place unused half in refrigerator. On well floured surface,
roll dough to 1/4-inch thick. Use a 1-inch round or flower shaped cookie cutter
and cut out shapes. Cut out a small hole in center of half the cookies (a decorating
tip works well as an impromptu cookie cutter). Place scraps back in freezer to firm
- Place cookies on parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or
until light gold on edges.
- Cool on racks.
- Continue with remaining dough.
- Raspberry Cream Filling: In small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar on low speed. Add almond
extract, milk and raspberry jam; beating until fluffy. Spread or pip filling on
solid cookies, top with cutout cookies and press down slightly. Sprinkle with colored
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.