Raspberry Sandwich Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves
- Cream butter; gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating at medium speed
of an electric mixer. Add flour and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Shape dough to 1/8-inch
thickness on a lightly floured surface. Cut with 2-inch round cutter. Use a 3/4-inch
cutter to cut out a star (can use any decorative design) in center of half the cookies.
Pierce solid cookies with the tines of a fork.
- Place cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 minutes
or until the cookies are very lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on wire racks.
before serving, spread top of each solid cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon of raspberry
preserves. Top each with cookie cutout.
Yield: 3 dozen
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.