Raspberry Sandwich Wafers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 teaspoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon raspberry-flavored coffee drink syrup*
* Substitute 3/4 teaspoon raspberry flavoring.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine flour, 3/4 cup butter and 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar in large mixer
bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until crumbly (2 to 3 minutes). Gradually
stir in 5 tablespoons whipping cream by hand.
- Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-third at a time (keeping remaining
dough refrigerated), to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with 1 1/2-inch cookie cutter. Dip
1 side of each cookie into sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets,
- Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons butter,
4 teaspoons whipping cream and raspberry syrup in small mixer bowl. Beat at medium
speed until creamy (1 to 2 minutes).
- Spread scant teaspoonful filling on unsugared side of 1 cookie; top with second
cookie. Squeeze together gently. Repeat with remaining cookies.
Yield: 4 dozen sandwich cookies
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.