Salted Turtle Cookie Cups
If you’re a fan of salty-and-sweet, do we have a cookie for you! Ooey gooey caramel,
melted dark cocoa Candy Melts candy and a crunchy pecan top a buttery brown sugar
cookie cup. A sprinkling of salt makes it even more divine.
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, softened
cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon Wilton
Pure Vanilla Extract
- 25 caramels, unwrapped
- 5 teaspoons water
- 42 pecan
- 1 cup Dark Cocoa Candy Melts® Candy, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky salt
Non-stick vegetable pan spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare mini muffin pan with vegetable pan spray.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- In large bowl, beat shortening, butter and brown sugar with electric mixer at
medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla; mix well. Add
flour mixture and beat until just combined. Press dough into prepared pan, filling
pan cavities 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until light brown around edges.
- Remove from oven and immediately press centers of cookies with a small spoon
to make a cup (a measuring spoon works well).
- Cool in pan on cooling grid for 5 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on cooling grid.
- In medium microwave-safe container, combine caramels and water. Microwave at
half (50%) power in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until caramel is
melted and smooth.
- Fill cookie cups with caramel and immediately place a pecan half on top of each
cookie. Drizzle with melted candy and sprinkle with flaky salt.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen cookies
Reprinted with permission from