Stuffed Butter Date Cookies
- 1 pound soft pitted dates
- 48 walnut halves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- Stuff each date with walnut half. Press to hold shape.
- Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, sour cream and vanilla extract. Stir in
dry ingredients. Add stuffed dates, using a teaspoon to dip out batter-covered dates.
- Place on baking sheet, and bake at 400 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool.
- Frost with Butter Frosting: Heat and brown 1 stick butter. Do not burn. Stir
in 2 cups confectioners' sugar mixed with 1/2 cup flour. Add 1 teaspoon vanilla
extract. Add hot water to spreading consistency.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.