Zesty Orange Cookie Cups
Awaken your senses with these delightful treats. A buttery shortbread cookie
cup is filled to the top with a creamy citrus filling, and topped off with our Premier
White morsels and a sprinkling of orange zest. Once you place these on the table
to share, they won't last for long!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel (1 medium
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 48 mini-muffin cups.
- Beat butter and sugar in medium mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add flour; beat until mixture is evenly moist, crumbly and can be formed
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Press each ball onto bottom and up side of
prepared muffin cups to form wells.
- Place 5 morsels in each cup.
- Beat eggs in medium bowl with wire whisk.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and orange extract. Spoon almost a measuring
tablespoon of mixture into each muffin cup, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until centers are puffed and edges are just
beginning to brown.
- Upon removing from oven, gently run knife around each cup.
- While still warm, top each cup with 8 to 10 morsels (they will soften and
retain their shape).
- Cool completely in pans on wire racks.
- With tip of knife, remove cookie cups from muffin pans.
- Top with grated orange peel just before serving.
- Store in covered container in refrigerator.
Preparation Time: 30 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins
Servings: 48 cookie cups
Love lemon but not crazy about orange? Simply substitute lemon extract for the
orange extract and use grated lemon peel (2 lemons needed).
For another variation of this, try substituting 2 cups (12-ounce package) of
NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels for the Premier White Morsels.
Nutritional Information: Calories: 130 Calories from Fat: 60 Total Fat: 7
g Saturated Fat: 4.5 g Cholesterol: 20 mg Sodium: 50 mg Carbohydrates: 15 g Dietary
Fiber: 0 g Sugars: 11 g Protein: 2 g
Reprinted with permission from
Nestlé® and meals.com.