- 18 ounces butter
- 18 ounces granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange (zested)
- 1 vanilla bean
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 1/4 pounds pastry flour
- 9 ounces almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 ounces sliced almonds
- Cream butter, sugar, salt, lemon and orange zest, and vanilla extract.
- Combine eggs and water, gradually adding it to the butter mixture, scraping down
the sides of the bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients. Add to batter, then mix until halfway incorporated. Add
sliced almonds and finish mixing.
- Refrigerate dough for four hours, then roll out and cut into desired shapes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Makes about three dozen cookies.
Posted by Tiffany at Recipe Goldmine 11/28/2001 8:39 am.