Blue Ribbon Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, no substitutes
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup seedless raspberry
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Hammons Black Walnuts
- Beat butter and sugar on medium to high for one minute. Beat in egg, baking powder,
vanilla and salt. Beat in as much flour as you can with mixer, then stir in remaining
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 2 hours until firm enough
- Stir together coconut, jam and black walnuts. Set aside.
- On floured wax paper, roll dough to a 12-inch square. To roll, gently lift the
wax paper to guide the roll. Spread with jam mixture. Roll into spiral; press seam
to seal. Wrap in plastic wrap; Refrigerate at least 4 hours so it's firm for
- Line cookie sheets with ungreased parchment paper or lightly greased foil, to
prevent sticking. Slice cookies 1/4-inch thick. Place slices on prepared cookie
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown on edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes about 45 cookies.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 10/6/2001 1:21 pm
Source: 1st Place - Ozark Empire Fair - Lisa Newman, Billings, MO