Butter Sugar Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon
cream of tartar
- Mix confectioners' sugar, butter, egg and vanilla extract. Mix in flour,
baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll out on board lightly dusted with confectioners' sugar. Cut into shapes.
Place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 375 degrees F or until edges are
light brown, about 7 minutes.
Posted by JBic at Recipe Goldmine May 18, 2001.