Cornmeal Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 1/2
teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In a mixing bowl beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium
to high speed until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add to sugar mixture and
beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in nuts. Shape into three 12-inch rolls.
and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees
F for 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and cool on wire rack.
Makes about 8 dozen cookies.