Cream Cheese Dainties
My sister Judy makes these only at Christmas so they've become a "special"
cookie. She doubles the recipe and makes it 5 times in order to have enough for
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Raspberry jam
- Mix flour and sugar together in large bowl. Cut butter and cream cheese into
flour mixture until it resembles the size of peas. Knead together until it forms
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide dough in half. On lightly floured surface, roll out to 1/8 inch thickness.
Cut 2-inch round circles and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Put 1/4 teaspoon preserves
slightly off center of each circle. Fold over and seal edges with water.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly golden.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine 10/6/2001 10:50 am.