Double Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and sugar; cut in shortening and 1/2 cup peanut
butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in corn syrup
- Shape dough into a 12-inch roll; wrap in wax paper, and chill at least
- Unwrap roll, and cut into 1/4-inch slices; place half of slices on ungreased
cookie sheets. Spread each with 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter. Top with remaining cookie
slices, and seal edges with a fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Yield: about 2 dozen.
Dough may be frozen for up to 3 months. Slice dough while frozen; let thaw
slightly. Assemble and bake as directed.
Source: Southern Living