As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 12 cup milk
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Cream shortening, molasses, sugar, egg and milk together.
- Sift together remaining ingredients. Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed
mixture, and mix well.
- Chill the dough before rolling out.
- Roll dough 3/4 inch thick, then cut.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes