- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 12 cup
- 2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.
- Cream shortening, molasses, sugar, egg and milk together.
- Sift together remaining ingredients. Add dry ingredients gradually to creamed
mixture, and mix well.
- Chill the dough before rolling out.
- Roll dough 3/4 inch thick, then cut.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 15 minutes.