- 1 cup figs, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, combine chopped figs, water and 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Cook
until thick. Cool. Fold in nuts.
- In a bowl, cream butter or margarine, brown sugar and remaining 1/2 cup granulated
sugar. Beat in egg.
- In another bowl, sift flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture to
form cookie dough. Roll out on floured board or cloth. Spread with fig mixture;
roll up like a jellyroll. Chill.
- Cut into slices and bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.