Fruitcake Icebox Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup
(2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 ounces
(1 cup) candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 8 ounces (1 cup) candied cherries,
- 6 ounces (generous 1 2/3 cups) pecans halves or large pieces
- Sift together flour and cream of tartar.
- Beat butter in large bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add sugar
and beat to mix. Add egg and beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating on
low speed and scraping bowl occasionally with rubber spatula, just until mixed.
- Remove bowl from mixer and add in fruit and nuts, mixing with a heavy wooden
spoon or your clean hands. Divide dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of plastic
wrap. Shape into rolls, about 9 inches long and 2 inches in diameter, and wrap in
- Place in freezer for several hours, until firm.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or foil.
- Unwrap one roll of dough and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices. (If dough is crumbly,
it needs to freeze longer.)
- Place cookies 1/2 to 1 inch apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, moving trays around in oven to ensure even browning. Bake
until edges of cookies are just slightly brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool
completely on wire racks.
Makes about 6 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes