- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract or 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Dough: Cream butter and sugar until smooth. Gradually stir in flour and cornstarch,
mixing until smooth. Blend in lemon juice and zest. Divide dough in half and shape
into two rolls.
- Wrap tightly in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill overnight or
at least two hours.
- Slice dough into 1/4-inch slices and place at least an inch apart on an ungreased
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F or until cookies are set
(cookies will not brown).
- Remove cookies from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool
- Glaze: Whisk sugar with lemon extract. Add enough milk to form drizzling
consistency. Drizzle cookies lightly with glaze in a zigzag fashion. Allow to stand for at least 30 minutes.
Yield: 4 dozen cookies
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes