Lemon Slice Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 3 large lemons
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- On a sheet of wax paper, stir together flour, baking powder and salt. From lemons,
grate 1 tablespoon of zest and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar
and confectioners' sugar until creamy. Beat in vanilla extract, lemon zest and
juice until blended. Reduce speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 6-inch long log.
- Wrap each log in wax
paper and refrigerate dough overnight.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Keeping remaining log refrigerated, cut 1 log into scant 1/4-inch thick slices.
Place slices, 1 1/2 inches apart, on ungreased large cookie sheet. Sprinkle lightly
with some of remaining 2 tablespoons granulated sugar.
- Bake 12 minutes or until
lightly browned at edges.
- Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack 2 minutes.
- With wide
spatula, transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining dough and
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes