Lime Slice Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon
fresh lime juice
- Grated rind of 1 lime
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sugar for sprinkling on cookies
- Beat together butter, granulated sugar, and 2 tablespoons lime sugar with an
electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, lime juice and grated rind.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together then add to egg mixture.
- Form dough into a 10-inch log and wrap in wax paper.
- Chill dough until firm,
at least 4 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Foil- or parchment-line cookie sheets.
- Remove wax paper and cut log into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Place cookies on prepare
cookie sheets. Sprinkle tops with sugar and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until
- Remove to wire rack to cool.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes