Orange Icebox Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon
grated orange rind
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Few drops each of yellow and red food
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and orange rind; mix well.
together flour, salt and baking soda; add to creamed mixture. Knead dough on a floured
surface until smooth.
- Shape into 2 oval rolls, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
in wax paper and chill overnight in fridge.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease and flour cookie sheets.
- Add food coloring to the 1/4 cup sugar.
- Roll dough in colored sugar and slice
1/4 inch thick. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- To prepare icing, mix confectioners' sugar and orange juice. When cookies
are done, transfer to wire racks. Brush cookies with icing and let cool.
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine April 28, 2001.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes