Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Cookies
- 1 package refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3/4 cup grape jelly
- Remove dough from wrapper. Reserve 3/4 dough; cover and chill in refrigerator.
Mix cocoa and remaining dough in a small bowl. Cover and chill.
- Shape the reserved 3/4 dough into a log about 5 1/2 inches. Sprinkle with flour
to minimize sticking if necessary.
- Remove chocolate dough from fridge and roll on wax paper into a 9 1/2 x 6 1/2
inch rectangle. Place dough log in center of rectangle.
- Bring wax paper edges together over log and gently press until entire log is
wrapped in chocolate dough. Flatten to slightly form a square. Wrap in waxed paper
and freeze 10 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Remove wax paper and cut dough into 1/4 inch slices.
Place slices 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. If necessary, reshape into
squares. Press dough slightly so that indentations resemble a piece of bread.
- Bake 8-11 minutes. Remove from oven and straighten cookie edges with a spatula.
- Spread about 1 tablespoon peanut butter on bottom cookie and about 1/2 tablespoon
on top cookie. Press together gently.
Makes about 11 cookies.
It is also fun to cut the "sandwiches" in half diagonally.
Posted by Lisabug at Recipe Goldmine 9/20/2001 9:04 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.