Peanut Butter Swirls
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1 cup granulated
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semi-sweet
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in peanut butter, egg and milk
mixing well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl. Stir flour mixture into
butter mixture, mixing well.
- Chill for several hours.
- Place dough on floured wax paper and roll into a 15 x 8 x 4-inch rectangle.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler. Cool slightly (the chocolate should
not be so hot that it melts the dough, nor should it be so cold that it will not
- Spread chocolate on dough mixture. Using wax paper to help, roll dough up jellyroll
style. Place a baking sheet under roll to help transfer it to refrigerator. Chill
8 hours or overnight.
- Slice roll into 1/4-inch slices with a very sharp knife.
- Bake 8 minutes on an
ungreased baking sheet.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from
- Cool on wire racks.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.