Peanut Butter Swirls
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) sweet butter, softened (do not substitute)
- 1 cup granulated
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1/4 cups
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces semi-sweet
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar until well blended. Beat in peanut butter, egg and milk
mixing well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, salt and baking soda into a bowl. Stir flour mixture into
butter mixture, mixing well.
- Chill for several hours.
- Place dough on floured wax paper and roll into a 15 x 8 x 4-inch rectangle.
- Melt chocolate in top of a double boiler. Cool slightly (the chocolate should
not be so hot that it melts the dough, nor should it be so cold that it will not
- Spread chocolate on dough mixture. Using wax paper to help, roll dough up jellyroll
style. Place a baking sheet under roll to help transfer it to refrigerator. Chill
8 hours or overnight.
- Slice roll into 1/4-inch slices with a very sharp knife.
- Bake 8 minutes on an
ungreased baking sheet.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from
- Cool on wire racks.
Posted by bettyboop50 at Recipe Goldmine April 2001
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes