Pecan Shortbread Cookies
with Maple Glaze
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound butter
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- Mix together the flour, rice flour, baking powder and salt in medium size bowl.
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, cream butter on low speed for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract and continue to cream on moderately low speed for
- On low speed mix in the dry ingredients, blending just until the particles
of flour are absorbed.
- Add in the pecans.
- Roll into logs about 2 inches in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic or parchment, and refrigerate or freeze until needed. (These can
also be rolled out and cut into shapes.)
- Slice the logs and bake at 325 degrees F for about 40 minutes.
- Icing: Mix the butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract together.
Add in the water and maple flavoring to reach the consistency for pouring or spreading