Raspberry Swirl Cookies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- Dough: Cream butter; gradually add sugar, beating well at medium speed of an electric
mixer. Add egg and vanilla extract; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and
salt; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Shape dough into a ball; wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for two hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare Raspberry Filling.
- On floured wax paper, roll dough to a 12 x 9-inch rectangle. Spread Raspberry
Filling evenly to within 1/4 inch of edges. Carefully roll dough, jellyroll fashion,
starting at long end and peeling wax paper from dough as you roll. Pinch side seam
to seal (leave ends open).
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap.
- Chill for one hour or until dough is firm.
- Unwrap roll and cut into 1/4-inch slices. Place 2 inches apart on greased cookie
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies begin to
brown around edges.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Raspberry Filling: Combine all ingredients; stir well.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes