- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup
chopped pistachios or toasted almonds
- 6 drops green food coloring
- 1 square
(1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped
maraschino cherries, drained
- Mix butter, sugar, vanilla extract and egg. Stir in flour and salt. Divide dough
- Mix pistachios and food coloring into 1 portion of dough. Mix chocolate
into the second and cherries into the third.
- Line bottom and ends of a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan with aluminum foil, allowing
the ends of the foil to extend 5 inches over each end of the pan. Press the pistachio
dough evenly onto the bottom of the pan. Press chocolate dough onto the nut dough,
then top with the cherry dough. Cover the dough's surface with the extended
ends of the foil.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove foil and dough from pan, then remove the
foil. Cut dough crosswise into 1/4 inch slices, then cut each slice crosswise in
half. Place each cookie about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake until
cookies are set, about 10 minutes.
- Immediately remove from sheets to cool on wire
Yield: about 6 1/2 dozen
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 6/24/01 9:14:20 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.