Tumbleweed Oatmeal Crispies
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups quick oatmeal
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Cream shortening and sugars together. Add beaten eggs and vanilla extract; beat
well. Add flour which has been sifted with salt and baking soda. Add oatmeal and
walnuts. Mix well.
- Form into long rolls, then chill.
- Slice 1/4-inch thick and bake for 10 minutes in a 350 degrees F.
Makes 5 dozen.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes