- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, toasted until golden and cooled
- 1 cup packed dried apricots (about 7 ounces), quartered
- 1 cup dried cranberries
(about 5 ounces)
- In a bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl with
an electric mixer beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour
mixture, sour cream, and egg and beat until a dough forms. Stir in coconut, apricots,
- Halve dough and on a sheet of wax paper form each half into a 10-inch log, using
paper as a guide.
- Chill logs, wrapped in wax paper, 4 hours, or until firm. (After the dough has been formed into a log it can be kept in the refrigerator
for one week or the freezer for one month. Thaw the frozen dough in the refrigerator
until sliceable, about four hours.)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly butter 3 baking sheets.
- Cut logs into 1/3-inch-thick rounds with a serrated knife and arrange about 2
inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake cookies in batches in middle of oven until pale
golden, about 12 minutes, and transfer to racks to cool.
- The baked cookies keep
in airtight containers at room temperature for four days.
Makes about 56 cookies
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 9/18/2001 1:27 pm.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes