Whole Fruit and Nut Slices
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 cups whole pitted dates
- 2 cups whole candied cherries (red and green)
- 2 cups whole pieces candied pineapple
- 2 cups whole pecans
- 2 cups whole
- 2 cups whole Brazil nuts
- 1 pound butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs (added
one at a time)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Gather the fruits and nuts together to have ready to add to the batter when ready.
- Cream the butter, sugars and vanilla extract together; mix well.
- Add the 3 eggs,
one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the flour, baking soda and
- Add the fruits and nuts.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts and wrap each in aluminum foil and shape the rolls
into the size cookie desired.
- Chill for several hours or will keep for several weeks.
- Slice when desired using a very sharp knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-12
minutes. Watch carefully to avoid over-browning.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Icebox Cookie Recipes