Winkler Bakery Sugar Cookies
- 3 sticks butter or margarine
- 4 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 5 cups all-purpose
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, salt, soda and nutmeg and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in large mixing bowl; stir in eggs one at a time. Add
vanilla, lemon and almond extracts and beat well. Gradually add flour mixture and
- Place in greased bowl and chill overnight.
- Roll out on floured pastry cloth. Cut with cookie cutters and bake on greased
cookie sheet at 350 degrees F until golden brown - 10 to 15 minutes.
Recipe by Winkler Bakery, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Recipe and photo credit:
Rodney Cook, Georgia.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.